Home Inspection Check-List
Contact Yandow Realty: 209-388-9208
Before the inspector comes to your house with his or her home inspection sheet, be ready! Set the stage for a positive home inspection report, and streamline your sale by addressing the items in this checklist before your inspection takes place.
- Confirm that all utilities are on and pilot flames are ignited.
- Make sure keys for all doors and gates are available to the inspector.
- Make sure that all domestic animals are secured.
- Change or clean dirty heating and cooling filters
- Clean kitchen range exhaust filter if there is a greasy build up.
- Check batteries in your smoke detectors.
- Return windows that have been painted shut to regular operation.
- Replace torn weather stripping around exterior doors.
- Replace any missing switch or receptacle covers.
- Clean gutters and down spouts.
- Trim back any tree limbs that may be touching the roof of the house.
- Keep foundation vents open, except in frigid weather.
- Have your HVAC control system serviced if it has been over a year since the last service.